Thursday, October 23, 2008

Children Naturally Love and Care

Wow, the natural ability for children to love and care is incredible and it's those little moments that make us smile!

Last night something happened and I got very sick to my stomach. I told my husband and the girls (my daughter's are 3 and 7) and went to lay down in our bedroom. It took a while but I did start to feel better and then I got a terrible headache.

The neatest things happened. though, last night, my daughters came in the room a few times to check on mommy and see how I was doing. This was very cool since they even interrupted their playing to do so!

This morning when my 3 year old called me (as she does every morning) to get her up and hold her. But this morning, when I went into her room to get her, the first thing out of my little darlings mouth was, "Your tummy ok mommy? You feeling better?" and she gently touched my tummy! WOW! How amazing that she would remember to ask mommy how she felt after a long night's sleep.

Makes you, as an adult, stop and wonder........We get so busy and wrapped up in what we are doing yet we probably still have these child like inherent abilities to be caring and loving, without stipulations. Where do they go?

When I grow up, I want to be just like my daughters!!!!!

Take Care,
Rebecca in Beckys World101

No comments: