Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Dentist and Our 7 Year Old!

Well we had to visit the dentist unexpectedly yesterday. I was playing with Katelynn and noticed her upper gum looked puffy and inflamed. When I looked closer and touched it, I could tell she had her permanent tooke coming in! Eeeeek! Her big girl tooth coming in and nowhere for it to go! So off to the dentist we went.

Ther verdict was either wiggle it out in the next day or so or have them pull it out and I didn't want to take a chance, so I chose to have the dentist pull it out. Now for those of you familiar with me and my daughter, you know I am terrified of the dentist and Katelynn is terrified of needles.........not a great combo for this particular situation!

All I can say is this dentist is a genious, magician and a Fairy Goddentist all rolled up in one! They had on a great video (yes, dentistry with a movie...yeah us) and use the rubbing stuff to numb her and then gave Katelynn some "Sleepy Juice" and all in all, Katelynn never even knew she had gotten a shot in her mouth! I explained to the dentist and her tech of Katie's fear of needles and they had no problem with it. The dentist has several techniques like wiggling the lip, talking to the child, etc. It was truly magical. Wow, a visit to the dentist magical.....now that is saying something special!!!

Take Care,
Rebecca in Beckys World 101

No comments: